February 28



I woke up with plenty of time to spare before our 12:00 departure. I went and had a nice (almost identical in content) breakfast in the lobby and took one last nice long shower in our huge bathroom before we left. Looking back on the trip, I am so glad to be living in Valencia. Barcelona offers a great European city, with beautiful architecture and a very diverse crowd while Valencia offers a beautiful city with an actual full immersion into the Spanish culture. In Barcelona, everyone I came across spoke English; It is rare to find a fluent English speaker in Valencia. Of the three cities that I have visited, Valencia is best followed by Barcelona then Madrid.

Everyone was pretty exhausted on the bus and ready for the chance to get some sleep. We stopped at a rest stop about two hours into the trip. I wasn’t feeling too hungry so I got a huge water bottle and some gummy bears. Both hit the spot. I slept for most of the trip and before I knew it, we were back home sweet home. I still wasn’t fully rested, so I decided to head back to sleep for a little bit more.

There was a parade for Fallas going on outside my window, but I still managed to get a good hour and a half nap. I woke up and skyped the family and Laura. I went down to dinner, but it looked really unappetizing (a whole fish, head and all on a plate or some pretty gross looking soup) so I just grabbed a couple oranges and an orange soda headed up to my room.

I hung out with everyone on my hall for a couple of hours before I went back to my room to start on my formal letter that was due in business class the next day. I finished in about an hour and was in bed by 12:15.

No comments:

Post a Comment