March 10



My midterm wasn’t too bad, it was a fair test and there weren’t any surprises. During my break, I worked on my presentation that I thought I had due on Thursday only to find out that it isn’t due until after Fallas. I was happy to get it out of the way, but I would have used my time more effectively and studied for my midterm that I have on Thursday. In Linguistics, we worked on some grammar exercises with the subjunctive tense. It is pretty difficult but slowly it is making more and more sense.

After class, I met up with Laura and we had lunch at the dorm. She brought me Chic-fil-a buffalo sauce from Athens and it has made my sandwiches awesome. I need to ration it though because I only have five packets left. After lunch, we met up with Taylor and her boyfriend that is in visiting too in Plaza de Reina. They all wanted to see the Picasso exhibit that I saw last week and I was definitely up for seeing it one more time.

Taylor and I ended up guiding them in a roundabout way to the exhibit and it took a while to actually get there. We all enjoyed the exhibit though and had a great time. After, we went to Mercadona and picked up some snacks. We came back to the dorm and I had to start studying. I studied for a little bit before we went to a Tapa place. They have a special on Wednesday nights where if you buy a Montedito (a small sandwich) for one euro, you get a pint of beer for a euro. I had a blue cheese Montedito that was delicious. There was a big group of us and we split some French fries and just enjoyed the beautiful, but kind of cold night.

After, we went back and ate dinner at the dorm. It stunk, but I had to spend the rest of the night studying for my midterm. We were both really excited though because we bought tickets for the Valencia vs. Werder Bremen soccer game and found out that the group activity for tomorrow was going to a bullfight. I have been such an awesome time having Laura here, I am just mad at how fast this week is flying by.


**These are more pictures from our weekend together.

No comments:

Post a Comment