March 26



Sleeping in on Fridays has been great. I got out of bed around the time everyone was getting back from class and I went down to lunch and ate with everyone. The weather was absolutely perfect out so a lot of us spent a couple of hours on the rooftop patio during the afternoon. I read some more of the Alchemist. It is a really good book, it is a simple read and there are a lot of good things to take from it.

At about 4:00 I went to the train station to purchase a ticket to meet my parents in Madrid on the April 1. A lot of people must have had the same idea because the ticket windows were packed. I took a number and had to wait about forty-five minutes to be called. After all of the waiting, I got turned away. Mary Claire was letting me use her credit card (mine is coming with my parents) and I was going to reimburse her when I got my card. Since she wasn’t there with me they wouldn’t let me make the purchase.

I was a little disappointed that I had spent that much time all for nothing but the weather was still perfect and walking around the city was great. After I got back, I skyped with Laura until dinnertime. They have a new system for getting meals that was implemented this weekend. We need to go to reception before 2:00 on the Thursday before and collect tickets for each meal we go to. It is kind of a pain. I feel bad because some of the people in our group didn’t get the memo and some are without meal tickets for the weekend.

After dinner, I hung out on the first floor with everyone. Some people got ready while some just chatted and surfed the Internet. Diego and Taylor ended up staying in with me and we watched the Big Lebowski. It was hilarious. After the movie was over, we were pretty hungry so we went to Doner Kebab and got a medium pizza. The all recognize the three of us in there so the guys working gave us a lot of extra hot sauce. We carried the pizza back to the dorm and ate it.

I watched a little bit of the Michigan State game on Diego’s computer before I decided to turn in for the night. It was a great day.


**I have been slacking a little in taking new pictures, so I put some more up from Fallas at the Mesclata.

No comments:

Post a Comment