March 1



I was stunned when the date on my watch showed March 1. This semester has been absolutely flying by. In business class, we went over writing a business letter on how to solicit information such as a catalogue from a business. During our break, I worked on a conjugation exercise and had some snacks that I saved from breakfast. The other part of the break, I worked on my paper that is due Thursday. I have taken a special interest in Llorca and am doing an analysis of La Casa de Bernarda Alba. It has been taking me a while to develop my ideas because I have never written an analysis paper in Spanish before.

In Linguistics, we talked about our weekend and went over our exercise. There were over a 175 questions, so we didn’t finish going over it totally. At lunch I used a priceless expression I had learned in Linguistics; the lunch ladies loved it. “Me hace la boca agua” means my mouth is watering. It worked perfectly and I got an extra scoop of fries.

After lunch, I went on the rooftop for a while and read some of Shutter Island. The book is good; I am really enjoying it. The only problem I have is they are making the protagonist; Teddy looks a little too tough for my liking. He almost has caveman like instincts. I read for about an hour then headed down stairs to knock out some of my homework.

I walked over to Hostel el Cid and booked a room for Laura’s room for when she is here in Valencia for three days. It is really close (near Plaza de Reina) and actually really inexpensive. I was happy walking back because it finally hit me that she is going to be here on Friday. When I got back, I booked a flight for me from Valencia to Madrid on Ryanair on March 14 after Laura leaves back to the U.S.

Before dinner, I went down to our weekly update meeting and we got our weekly calendar. I was excited to see a Picasso exhibit was on the list to-do. At dinner, I was overcome with joy when I saw that Mary Claire had gotten a care package with Chalula hot sauce. I doused my chicken and fry sandwich in it. It was absolutely perfect.

After dinner, I worked on my paper a little more and hung out with some people on the hall. At 12:00 I got in bed and read a little more before I turned off the light at 12:30. Today completed a first for the entire trip I have been here that I would like to note: I didn’t spend a cent. Crazy, I know.


**I have some really cool pictures from Barcelona and decided to post a couple more today.

No comments:

Post a Comment