March 25



I woke up, took a shower and had a coffee and some toast at breakfast before leaving for class. The weather has been absolutely perfect in the morning and I have loved making the walk in the morning. In Literature, Joe and I presented on Griselda Gambaro a Argentinean playwright that wrote Antigona Furisoa, a play that has the same premise and story as Antigone it just has been set in Argentina during the Guerra Sucia (Dirty War). I have enjoyed doing these presentations this year because it has allowed me to focus on a couple authors and get to know them in-depth. After the presentation, we had a worksheet on Lorca’s La Casa de Bernarda Alba so I got to help a lot of my classmates because I had already read it and wrote my paper on it.

In Culture class, everyone had a presentation due on Spanish history. We all got DVD’s from a certain time period and have to create a powerpoint. Since our presentation is on Spanish history during the French Revolution, we didn’t get to present but we are going next Tuesday. I was so happy it was the weekend. I have really enjoyed this week and I feel like I am back in the swing of things. For lunch we had a Spaghetti Carbonara that I cut chunks of ham into and made a sandwich out of it, I topped it with some olive oil and oregano and it was perfect.

After lunch, I went up to the rooftop and hung out for a while. Everyone was mostly getting ready for a paper so I updated my blog and surfed the Internet for a while. Laura had a break in between classes so we kept each other company while she went over some of her speech she had later to be elected the Chair of Arch Society. It is one of the biggest honors to hold that position at UGA. They are basically a direct link between President Adams and the rest of Arch society. After we got off, I hung out in Diego’s room until around dinnertime.

I got a chance to talk to my Mom, which has been hard lately because my free time normally corresponds with when she is busiest. I am so excited for both of my parents to be visiting especially to show them the three cities I feel like I know best in Spain.

After dinner, some people went out but I decided it was best to stay in. I waited, watching the phone to hear how the Laura’s election went. I was ecstatic when I got an email saying that she had won! It is almost impossible to be a president of a student organization at UGA but to be the president of two organizations, especially as prestigious as Tri Delt and Arch society is really saying something. I talked to her for a little bit before I decided to catch up on some rest that I might have lost this past week. I passed out pretty quickly after we got off Skype.


**The two pictures are from La Plaza de la Virgen y of me and Laura with Enrique (the owner of Casa de Enrique in Granada)

No comments:

Post a Comment