March 9



We arrived at the bus station, with forty-five minutes to spare. I had a café con leche and a salami bocadillo while Laura had a pastry and some fresh squeezed orange juice. We got on the bus and left promptly at ten. With this being our fourth trip on a bus in the past five days, we felt like ALSA pros. Little did we know how long of a trip we were in for.

The countryside was beautiful; a fresh sheet of snow blanketed the entire countryside. I was surprised to see snow because all we had was rain the night before. We stopped at a lot of small towns on the way toward the east coast that took forever. I lost track of how many towns we stopped at. I studied for my midterm while Laura read her book, The Time Traveler’s Wife.

We had a thirty-minute lunch break at one of our stops but otherwise we weren’t allowed to get off the bus. We finally made it to Valencia around 7:30 after 9 and a half hours of driving. I had no idea that our bus would not be a direct route to Valencia. We took a taxi to the Hostel where Laura is staying then I brought her by Rector Peset so she could meet everyone. We ate dinner at the dorm then called it a night. I brought Laura to her Hostel and went back to get some sleep before my midterm at 9:00 the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment