March 8



I had some orange juice, a coffee and a bocadillo for breakfast. The orange juice was exceptionally good, and I wish I could’ve had a second glass. Checkout wasn’t until 12:00 so we took our time getting ready. Laura read some of her book on the patio while I studied for my Business midterm on Wednesday.

We took a five-euro taxi ride to the bus station and only had to wait an hour until our bus left. I went over to McDonalds and got some fries for Laura and I to snack on while we were waiting.

The bus ride went quick, the sun was out today so the mountains looked so vivid. When we got back to Granada, We waited in a long line at the ticket counter to switch our tickets for an earlier departure from Granada on the 9th. I figured it would be best if I could get back with enough time to get situated for my midterm as opposed to getting in town at 1:30 in the morning. The man switched them out with no problem and we got a seat on the 10:00 a.m. bus.

Our hostel gave directions from the bus station. It said to get off at stop No. 4. I interpreted that to mean that the 4th stop we needed to get off. I was wrong. We ended up just taking a taxi because we had no idea how to get to the hotel after we got off the bus stop. The hostel had just been renovated and was incredible. The rooms had an Arab theme to them, a mini-fridge, glassware, and a blow dryer (Laura was most excited about this because her voltage converter she bought hasn’t worked for some reason.

Laura took a nap while I tried to figure out getting on the free Wi-Fi that was provided. I eventually took down my computer to the lobby and she said for some reason, Macs have had the hardest time connecting to it. I did use the hotel’s computer though and saw that I got a 94 on my literature paper. I was really excited.

After Laura’s nap, we walked to a market and bought some bread, cheese, and a bottle of wine for a picnic. The rain was coming down so we decided just to have a picnic in the room. It was delicious. After, we got ready and took a ten-minute walk to La Casa de Enrique. Enrique wasn’t there yet but Manolo was busy at work. Some Americans came in from Colorado, which were fun to talk to. We stayed for about 2 and half hours before we decided to head back, we had an early bus back to Valencia and we were both pretty tired. I loved Granada.

No comments:

Post a Comment