March 15



Supposedly there are people that walk the streets at 8 a.m. and throw loud fireworks to wake everyone up. I heard no such noise; I slept hard until around 1:30. We all woke up and went to the Mesclata (the loud fireworks), The show was so loud and so impressive. The finale was so awesome; it followed such a rhythmic beat. I wish there was a better way to describe it. We came back and had lunch. Food tasted awesome.

We went out to the store to buy some drinks and fireworks. The weather was absolutely perfect and the sun felt great. We took our time, exploring a lot of side streets and taking pictures of ninots. The streets are crazy, there are so many people walking. I have loved Fallas; the city is really alive. When we got back I took a couple hour nap until our meeting of the events with Aitor at 8:00. There are some really cool events planned this week in regards to Fallas.

After the meeting we had dinner, I enjoyed a buffalo chicken and fry sandwich with an orange soda. After dinner, I showered and we all had a pretty good-sized party in Mary Claire’s room. Right before 12:00 we walked to the Rio for a fireworks show that the city puts on for everyone each night. It was incredible. We didn’t have the best spot because there was a building partly blocking the show but the part that I did see looked awesome.

On the way back, we were walking in the streets and singing, “hey, hey baby I want to know if you’ll be my girl.” Everyone was singing along with us and it was really fun. We walked around the Rio and set off some fireworks, some are so loud, almost to the point of making your ears ring.

We went back to the dorm and hung out with everyone until late. We have been having such a good time, I can’t wait for the people in our group who have been traveling to get back.


**The pictures are of the ninot in Plaza de Ayuntamiento (where the Mesclata is) and of the wooden structure of Mary that will have the floral dress after the offering.

No comments:

Post a Comment