February 9



I ordered a café cortada at breakfast but I don’t think the lady knew what I wanted because she gave me a regular café con leche. I stuffed my bag with an orange and some breakfast crackers and was out of the dorm by 8:30 on the way to class. It was a really nice day out and the walk seemed to go faster than normal.

In Literature we studied some famous Camerlite saints that had written some poetry that was really interesting to look at the rhyme scheme. In Culture we talked listened to examples of all the different accents based on the region of Spain. It is funny because much like the United States, each part of the country has a completely different pronunciation. We all got a pretty good laugh out of it.

After class, I went back to the dorm and dropped off my bag. A group of us decided to head over to El Mercado, which is a huge market place for all types of really cool stuff. On Monday through Saturday they have all types of stands for fish, meat, cheese, fruits and vegetables. It was fun to wander through and check out how fresh everything looked.

We got back in time for lunch to start. I made another pasta sandwich and put some olive oil on it. I must say it was one of my best tasting sandwiches I’ve made so far. After lunch I printed and faxed off my lease to my new landlord for a house that I am leasing next fall. I can’t wait. The fax took forever to send internationally, all the while I was waiting in the office to receive confirmation that it had sent.

I went out and grabbed an espresso then hurried back because we had baseball practice at 8:00. Some of the students that are staying at our dorm are on the University Club Team and they asked if any of us wanted to play. Diego, Sean, Taylor, Ryan and I all said sure and we went to el Rio to the baseball stadium. They gave us all gloves and we threw for a little bit.

We did some ground ball drills, pop flies, and batting practice. My situational hitting definitely needs a lot of work but it was still so fun. Most of the kids are on about the same level so I think I’ll see a lot of time. We are coming in the middle of the season but our first game is on Sunday. I am actually really looking forward to it.

I came back to everyone working on the puzzle and hopped right in. I worked on it for a little bit but turned in at about 12:15, exhausted after practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment