February 5



Once again, I was ecstatic that I got to sleep in. I went down to lunch at 1:30 and heard about everyone’s experience on trying to get to class on time and had a few laughs. After lunch, I went with David White, Scott and Gregg to Mercadona (the local supermarket) to get some snacks for our room.

It was such a beautiful day that we found a plaza with some green space and just sat down and took it all in for about 45 minutes. At Mercadona I bought some deoderant, baguette and a hunk of goat cheese. It tasted so good and the bread that I bought was still warm from the oven. We took a roundabout way home just to see some more of the city and enjoy how nice the weather was.

I went up to the deck for about an hour but I spent most of my afternoon hanging out with people in the room. The night kind of snuck up on me, I was exhausted. Some people went to sing karaoke but I knew how busy my Saturday was so I went with some of the Spanish students to a bar right around the corner called el Fon (basically it means oven). I guess the bar used to have a huge oven that was on the second floor of the bar. They gutted the bar and put in a seating area. It was cozy but had only 6 foot high ceilings. My hair kept rubbing up against it when I would stand up so I was forced to hunch over which was pretty awkward.

I left with a group that were heading back to the dorm. We stopped at Doner Kebab and I had a piece of chicken pizza with hot sauce on it. Some of the people we were with stayed out but about three of us came back and all went to bed. I skyped Laura for a little bit, then hit the pillow hard and fell fast asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment