February 1



I woke up feeling refreshed and ready to take on my classes. I took the shower second, so I didn’t have much time to grab a coffee. I settled for a piece of breakfast bread and a bottle of water on my way out the door. As of late, we have all been trying to find the quickest way through the city and to class. They way I took was about the same as its always been but I didn’t mind because it was such a nice morning.

It sounds like an elementary topic, but practicing numbers in Business Spanish was exactly the review I was looking for. Not to mention there are different ways of expressing decimals, commas, etc. For example, if I wanted to express $1,500.00 in Spanish it would look like $1.500,00. We also learned that a space could represent a break in thousands. For example, 23,060,500 could be written like 23 060 500. Its pretty confusing but once you get the hang of it, its fun.

The one thing that stinks about my Monday, Wednesday schedule is the hour and a half break I have between my first and second class. A few of us are in the same boat I am, so we just went to a local coffee shop and wasted some time. We all got ahead on our homework from Business class for Wednesday, which is nice. In my second class of the day, we spent most of our time talking about the weekend and practicing Spanish as much as possible. Nothing too out of the ordinary happened.

I love the walk home; I am always excited about how great the weather is and excited about the prospect of not having class. We got back to the dorm for the tail end of lunch. Me and Diego made our own version of a sandwich by cutting a hoagie roll, slicing up some meat they had served and putting a potato dish on it. I doused mine in ketchup and ate fries with it. It was delicious. Everyone was going to play soccer but I was determined to finally wash my clothes. I went down and much to my surprise both machines were fully open. Great Luck. I threw in two loads and went up on the rooftop to write in my blog. I hung up my clothes on the roof but couldn’t retrieve them until the next morning because they were locking up the patio. I figured they would be fine on the roof for a night.

We had a meeting about our daily afternoon excursions this week, which I look forward to. A few of us went with some of the Spanish students to get a beer at O’Haras before we went to bed. I talked to JuanJo, the owner, for most of the time. He paid me a really nice compliment and said that I definitely had the brain to learn Spanish and that I would get even better at no time. It was a welcomed little confidence boost. It was a pretty uneventful day, but nonetheless so much fun.


*the pictures are from the patio on the roof of our dorm.

No comments:

Post a Comment