February 23

I woke up feeling terrible for some reason. I was all congested and my stomach hurt. I kept hitting snooze on my alarm until 8:25. I jumped out of bed and ran down to grab something to eat. I was out the door by 8:35. It was a beautiful day out and it wasn’t hard to keep a quick pace. I really love walking by myself in the morning sometimes.

In Literature class, we talked about Literary essays and read an old essay on the Spanish middleclass. I didn’t feel much better all of class. I ate an orange and drank a bottle of water and felt much better. In culture class, we learned about the history of Valencia in terms of its ports and Roman, Greek, Celtic, and even Egyptian influence.

I got back from class and decided to wait to each lunch and take a nap. I opened the doors to both of our balcony doors and let the wind blow in. It was one of the most refreshing naps I have had in a very long time. I woke up and went down to lunch; I made a pasta with meat sauce sandwich.

After I went up to the rooftop patio and hung out with some of the group. I started a new book, Shutter Island. They just released the movie, but I want to read it before I go and see it. We have a lot of time traveling to and from Barcelona this weekend so I should be able to do some serious damage to it.

I went back to my room and started booking our stay in Granada. When she firsts gets in on March 5, we are going to Granada for Friday and Saturday. On Saturday, I have tickets reserved for La Alhambra, the last Moorish castle that is supposed to be one of the most beautiful places in Spain. On Sunday we are going to take an hour bus to Almuñécar, an old Roman port with beautiful beaches. On Monday we are heading back to Granada for a night then leaving for Valencia on Tuesday. We’ll be in Valencia until Friday. On Friday we are going to Madrid for two nights and She is flying out on Sunday morning. I am so excited for that week. It is right around the corner too.

Around 6:30, I went and grabbed a drink at Café Lisboa. We sat outside because it felt absolutely great outside. All of the sudden the sky opened up for thirty seconds and it started to rain pretty hard. We ran inside and grabbed a seat in the corner of the restaurant. The winter Olympics were on and it was great to watch.

We left around 8:30 to go eat dinner. I wasn’t very hungry since I had such a late lunch and just picked at my food. After dinner we all hung out in my room, it was pretty low key. I got in my bed at 11:30 and had no trouble going into a deep sleep.

The first picture was taken from my balcony of a horse drawn carriage down below us.

The second picture is of a little boy acting like Spiderman in Requena on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment