February 15

I woke up really tired but excited to start another week of class. The weather was pretty awful, cold and rainy. It made the walk to class a little rough. Business was a pretty fun class, we learned about 8 (the most popular 8) of the 17 labor contracts present here in Spain. It basically just outlined the amount of hours needed to work, the age you must be, etc. to work under a specific job title.

In between my two classes, I used my time to ask a Spanish student for some help on my corrections to our paper that we needed to have corrected. I think it really interested her to read my paper so we both got something out of the exercise. I had a café coratada and talked to the rest of the people in our group that went to Ireland and Granada about how their weekend went. It sounded like a great time, but I was glad I stayed in Valencia for the weekend; I am just so in love with this city.

In Linguistics, we practiced more ser/estar (both verbs mean “to be”, geographically speaking and descriptive as well), which seems quite simple to follow but in reality there are so many slight exceptions that make the exercises really hard. Our teacher is really good at explaining each situation clearly, and I have been getting the hang of it. Class went really quick and before I knew it I was headed back to get lunch at the dorm.

After lunch, I read a little in my book and took a light siesta until about 6:30. At 7:30 we had a meeting about our weekly agenda for afternoon excursions, we announced to everyone that our baseball game is on Sunday at 11:00 and I think a lot of people are going to come support us which will be a lot of fun. I walked up to my room before dinner started and saw Mary Claire, she asked if I wanted to go to Mexican with some of our group and of course I said yes, after all its been about month since I had tasted cheese dip.

We met up with the Attaways at the restaurant. We had cheese dip, some of the best guacamole I have ever had, and steak fajitas. All of it was outstanding. After we finished eating we took the Attaways to O’Haras to meet Juanjo and to see our normal stomping grounds, I had a pint of Fosters and decided to call it a night. I thanked the Attaways for everything and headed back to Rector Peset, excited to go to sleep.

My fresh sheets for the week felt really good and it didn’t take me long to fall into a deep sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment