February 3



I woke up feeling exhausted. I have been sleeping well but for some reason today was harder than most to get up. I managed to make it down to the cafeteria for a quick cup of coffee then I was off to Business Spanish. It was really interesting/informative. We learned all the vocabulary for parts of a business like Accounting, Sales, Finances and also some important vocab on what each departments responsibilities are.

I had an hour and a half break before Linguistics started so I went to the building’s cafeteria and did my homework for the next day. I really enjoy having the break because it definitely gives me time to do my homework but at the same time its too far of a walk back to the dorm. In Linguistics, we tackled a pretty difficult task. There are seven uses of the word “se”. I had some trouble understanding at first but our teacher is really easy to understand and will repeat anything at all that we need help with. We have an in-class composition on Monday that is much needed for me. My writing is pretty weak in Spanish, and can’t wait to get feedback on it.

After class, I ate lunch and went up to the roof for a few hours. Greg just bought a guitar so he was playing us some music and it was really good. A lot of people had to go at 4:00 to watch a movie for their cine class they are in; I decided it was the perfect time for a nap. I planned on only sleeping for an hour or so but it turned out to be 7:15 by the time I woke up. I had slept so soundly, that when I looked at my clock I thought it was 7:15 in the morning. Luckily, I didn’t miss dinner.

We had ribs, fries, and twice baked potatoes. Delicious. A group of people in our culture class decided to take advantage of our free night and find out some more questions for our assigned Spanish scavenger hunt. It’s really cool to compare and contrast our two cultures. For example, we asked five things that bring bad luck to Spaniards. They are black cats, crossing under a ladder, breaking a mirror, wearing yellow, and making eye contact with someone that has only one eye.

We stopped at a little café called La Negrita and had an espresso with bailey’s. It was so good. We walked back to the dorm and I was in bed by 12:15. Uneventful day, but nonetheless so informative.

No comments:

Post a Comment