February 10



I woke up feeling a little sore, but a good sore. I ordered a café coratada and the lady actually understood me and made it the way I wanted. It was a pretty cold morning especially when the wind would pick up but the walk to class went pretty quick.

In Business class we talked about writing a formal letter in Spanish and different expressions we could use for introductions and conclusions. It was extremely helpful. Class got out a few minutes early which was pretty lucky.

Ashley was looking for a health food store that was close to Campus. I asked to tag along because I didn’t feel like sitting in the building’s cafeteria for a whole two hours. We walked through a neighborhood that I had never seen before but was very interesting. There were a lot of little fruit shops everywhere and cool little places to spend hours in. We walked for about 15 minutes until we decided to ask some people where it was.

Each person we asked would send us in a different direction. It was kind of confusing because no one knew what he or she was talking about. We happened upon a store called Salvia that had a lot of stuff that she was looking for. The two owners were a husband and wife and were so nice. The talked to us for a while about Valencia and asked how long we would be here. As we were leaving the lady gave us a really cool pen and said she hoped we enjoy Spain.

We walked back a different way that went much quicker. We got to class about 10 minutes early. In Linguistics, we went over Ser/Estar uses, which can get pretty tricky. She also returned our papers that had been proofread. Our assignment for the weekend is to find a Spanish student and have them sit down with us and correct our paper.

I got back from class, ate a pork sandwich I made at lunch then headed with a group of 13 of us to play soccer in el Rio. It was a lot of fun until our team got exhausted. We were winning for a long time but ended up losing 7-3. Pretty awful. I got destroyed going for a ball on a break away. It was pretty embarrassing but what can you do.

After we walked back from el Rio, I took a shower and went with a Greg, Ashley, Caroline and Laura to a café called Escalones for an espresso. We came back just in time for dinner. I wasn’t very hungry and only had some fries and some rabbit (i'm not sure how it was prepared but it tasted like chicken) and of course orange soda.

After dinner, I worked on the puzzle with some people but was exhausted and went to bed just past 11:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment