February 19





Having the ability to sleep in on Fridays has been so great; I slept until 2:00, called Laura before she went to work and went down to lunch shortly there after. Everyone had some crazy stories from the huge costume party that the University hosted. I was glad to have the sleep though.

After lunch, a few of us took apart the solar system puzzle and we started on it again. We just relaxed and talked until about 6:00 when I decided to take an hour nap before baseball practice.

I woke up feeling refreshed. I got ready and headed out the door just past 7:30. Practice was fun; it stunk because it rained for the first part. I loved it though because we always do my two favorite things, catching fly balls and batting. We got some bad news though. The insurance didn’t go through for this weekend and we need it to play. John, our coach said he is hoping that it rains on Sunday so we can reschedule the game. It has still been fun practicing with the team. We have had to leave practice by 9:45 and run back home to catch the last ten minutes of dinner.

I showered after dinner, and hung out. We had some people in our room before we went out which was fun. We headed to O’Haras shortly there after and sat with some of the Spanish kids. We all stayed there until around 2:00 before a group of us went to Radio City. It’s really not the best club, but a lot of people go there because it has no cover charge. Some people decided to stay out but I wanted to head back to the dorm and hang out.

I walked back with David White and Mary Claire. On the way back to the dorm, I stopped at Doner and got a piece of chicken pizza with hot sauce. We have a day trip planned to Requina, a small town right near Valencia to a Winery for some wine tasting. The only drag is we have to wake up at 9:30 in the morning. I got in bed around 3:30, exhausted.


The pictures were taken on our Culture Scavenger hunt, these two pictures are from a huge catholic church in the plaza de reina called La Catedral.

No comments:

Post a Comment