February 7



I woke up at 11:30 still pretty tired, but I wanted to be the first one to the washing machines. I gathered all my clothes and hurried down, only to see that Greg had beaten me to the chase. He was almost finished though and I got to put in two loads of laundry at around 12:15. After the wash cycle was done, I brought them up to the deck on the roof and hung them to dry. I ate lunch and decided with a group that after we ate we would go and get a coffee.

We went over to a different neighborhood than usual near the central market area and sat at a curbside table at a small cafe. We started noticing more and more scary looking people around us. There were junkies and homeless people everywhere and they would look at us pretty weird. One woman, covered in unusual makeup and black clothes, was going around and picking up cigarette butts to use the leftover tobacco for her own cigarettes she was going to roll herself. It was a pretty creepy experience.

When we asked for the check an impatient lady came over and stood over our shoulders and waited for us to pay. She began to grow really impatient and I asked her nicely for a few minutes to talk over who was paying what. She left pretty angrily. After we had collected all the money, I brought it up to the counter and said sorry for everything and thank you. They replied with a very sarcastic, condescending, “Muchas gracias muchacho.” It kind of irked me but I didn’t care, I was just happy to be leaving the whole situation in general.

After we got back, we all hung out for a while working on random stuff for school and what not. Dinner was really good. I made a lasagna sandwich and ate like a king. After dinner, I was feeling tired and decided to exclude myself from the super bowl festivities and rather stay close to home. I took a shower and felt a lot better. I ended up going with a few people that had stayed back too and watched the first quarter at a bar right near our dorm.

We all returned home pretty early and headed to bed shortly there after.

No comments:

Post a Comment