April 22

I woke up at 11:00 and threw in a load of laundry. Everyone had the same idea, but I was the second one to the washing machines that morning so I didn’t have to wait. While I was waiting on my laundry, I started to collect all of my things together to pack up. I couldn’t believe it was already time to leave Valencia.

At 1:30 everyone headed down to the cafeteria for our last lunch in the dorms. We had spaghetti carbonara that I cut pieces of ham into and made a sandwich out of. The olive oil I doused over it completed my masterpiece. After lunch, I threw in another load of laundry. It was rainy and overcast but Diego and I decided to go out in Valencia for a while to pick up some souvenirs and to get one last big walk around the city.

We went to the Valencia Soccer store and Corte Ingles. In between our destinations, we took the long way and we cut through Plaza de Ayuntamiento, Plaza de la Reina and Plaza de la Virgen. They are all so great, it was hard to walk through and think that they wouldn’t be a daily routine to see them anymore.

After we got back to the dorm, I took a shower and hung out with everyone on the hall up until dinnertime. For dinner we had an excellent meal; we had chicken strips and fries (I made a sandwich), bacon and mushroom pizza and an orange soda. It was definitely the best last meal at the Rector Peset that I could ask for.

After dinner, we hung out in the dorm until about 11:30. We headed to O’Haras (just like our first night in Valencia) and mostly just talked about how much fun we had and remembered stories from the trip. I went with Ben, Brittany, and Caroline to Doner Kebab to get my last fill for the trip. I had a piece of chicken pizza with hot sauce. It was as good as ever. After we finished our pizza and said goodbye to the owners of Doner, we headed back to O’Haras. We stayed there for about thirty minutes longer before we headed to the discotheque Mya.

Mya has a really cool location, in a corner of the City of Arts and Sciences looking out at the reflection pool that the Artic Monkey’s performed at earlier in the year. The walls were white but the lighting projected a light pink color on the walls. If you add in the all white dress theme, it looked exactly like a Miami nightclub. We got there at around 2:40 and were the first ones on the dance floor. The next thing I noticed, the dance floor was packed. The club was really cool, the music was great and the people I was with were awesome. It was a great way to say goodbye to Valencia.

We all decided to leave just before 5:00. We were exhausted and had to be in the lobby all ready to leave for Madrid at 11:00. We had all three of our taxis stop at La Lonja. Some of the girls were hungry so we found some pizza and headed back to the dorm. As I went to bed, I couldn’t help but think about how great this semester had been.

**Internet is really slow and I can't upload images but I will get pictures up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment