April 12



I woke up at 10:30 and rushed down to the laundry room because I knew the washers and dryers would be in high demand with everyone just recently got back. I threw a load of laundry in and updated my blog.

We had steak that I made a sandwich out of for lunch. I am getting a little suspicious though, we have had steak a few times this week and a few of us think they are just heating up the old steak from this past week. It’s okay though, the light is at the end of the tunnel for when I can get back to normal food. And at least they always have good fries and orange soda.

For the first part of the afternoon I didn’t do too much, I showered and folded my laundry. After, Laura and I went to Negrito for a cup of coffee. I brought One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest and read a lot. I have really enjoyed the book and from what my Dad said I think I am really going to like the movie too. After two café con leche, Mary Claire and Caroline joined us. We left pretty shortly after they came.

For the rest of the afternoon leading up to our weekly informational meeting about upcoming events I hung out in my room, catching up with Laura, Ryan and Dad. Our meeting was short, we don’t have any planned events and Aitor was just discussing our final exam schedule. I can’t believe this semester is coming to an end. For dinner, we had chicken wings and chicken noodle soup (another dish I feel like we have had way too much lately and probably are the leftovers).

After dinner, I hung out in my room while most people worked on some papers that they have coming up this week. I am pretty lucky in that the three classes on this program I am not in have the most work. At 11:00 we went to O’Haras with a bunch of people to grab a beer for Ashley’s birthday. We all came back after a drink, after all we had our first day of class for 12 days. It was a great break though and I am excited to get back to my last two weeks of class.


**The pictures are from Toledo and the Cathedral in Valencia

No comments:

Post a Comment