April 18



I woke up at about 11:00, saw that no one was up from the night before and decided to head back to sleep. The extra three hours I got when I went back to sleep was incredible and I woke up feeling great. We headed down to lunch at 2:00. More chicken and French fries, but I guess I am happy with anything besides jamon. After lunch, I sent out some emails, and got a chance to catch up with most of the family. Laura had her induction for Arch Society and President Adams was at the inauguration that Laura gave a speech to. It was pretty exciting. The Arch Society gave out superlatives to all of the members and Laura proudly received “Most likely to take over President Adams’ job before they graduate”. I laughed when I heard the news because it is so true.

I worked a little more on my final paper for culture. This paper has been pretty fun to write because it has allowed me to stop and think back about all of my experiences from this past semester. I sure have had a lot. As I have been writing it though, it has just made me more anxious to get back to the United States. Hopefully the volcano in Iceland won’t present any huge disruptions for an easy flight home.

I typed up our last assignment for Business class, a formal complaint letter. It didn’t take me too long at all and I emailed it to Virginia right before 8:00. At around 8:15 I headed down to the cafeteria to get dinner. Some of us had plans to go and eat with Celia so I just grabbed a ham and cheese croissant and some French fries to hold me off until we ate. At 9:00 Diego, Joe, Greg, Dave, Dave and I met Celia in the reception lobby and we headed to a nice tapas bar (the name is slipping me right now).

I enjoyed having dinner with Celia, Diego and I split some patatas bravas and a tapas dish with sausage and peppers. We talked about the difference between American and Spanish students, which was funny to hear a professor’s opinion on the two. She said Americans were very hard workers, which I was proud of. I was so disappointed when she explained that in the past some students have lied about family members being sick in order to have an excuse for not doing an assignment. It is true that some people will do whatever it takes to get a good grade or an extension on an assignment.

After dinner we said our good byes to Celia and I headed back to the dorm. I started reviewing a little bit of my Literature notes for my final on Tuesday. I went to bed a little bit after 12:00, very content with the happenings of my last weekend in Valencia.


**The pictures were both taken in Toledo over Easter

No comments:

Post a Comment