April 11

I woke up at 9:50 to catch the last ten minutes of breakfast, but my bed felt so good I decided to sleep in. I woke up just before 12:00 and watched the last thirty minutes of Breaking Bad’s newest episode. I updated my blog and got some new pictures loaded up. At 12:30 I started looking for people to see if anyone was awake. Dave and I tried to get some people together to go to el Rio. We recruited Diego, Scott, D White, Katie, Joe and Rebecca. It took everyone a while to get ready and as soon as we thought we were ready we would recruit one more person. It was pretty funny actually.

We finally left for el Rio at about 1:00. The weather has been outstanding lately, never a cloud in the sky and temperatures in the mid to high sixties. The sky is bluer than ever and the flowers are all starting to bloom. It is a wonderful springtime in Valencia. When we got there we passed a men’s soccer league and walked for a bit before we found a nice green space to throw the Frisbee. Some of us kicked the soccer ball around and others threw the Frisbee. I chose the Frisbee.

We played for about 45 minutes until Rebecca and I decided to play paddle ball with the beach set she had gotten over Semana Santa. We played for a while as the other six played a three on three soccer game. At 2:00 there was a mini-mesclata (loud fireworks) and we heard a band playing. We know there is a holiday on Monday but we aren’t exactly sure what for. We all got pretty hungry around the same time and decided to head back to the Rector.

Lunch was chicken that was a little dry with rice. I am at my wits end with the cafeteria food and frankly I am excited to be heading back to be able to have my favorite American dishes like cheeseburgers and buffalo chicken sandwiches. After lunch, I used the afternoon to relax. People were still coming back from their trips so I caught up with them. I didn’t do too much the rest of the evening/night; I caught up on the Master’s leader board.

Dinner was gross and I left still hungry (I was spoiled eating so well while my parents were here). After dinner, I hung out in the dorms while most people got working on some papers that they have due for their history and cine class. Diego, Joe, Dave and I hung out for awhile until I went back to my room. I skyped with Laura before I went to bed. Even though it was Sunday, it was nice knowing there was no school until Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment